Mock Powerlifting Meet at Forge Fitness
Saturday September 28th 2019 @ 11:00 am
- Lifting begins at 11:00 a.m.
- Weigh-ins begin at 9:00 a.m. Participants do not need to be there at 9:00 for weigh ins, but the opportunity for a two hour weigh-in will be provided for those who wish to take advantage of it. Participants may weigh in anytime between 9:00-10:30 a.m. (Body weight will be used for Wilks/best lifter purposes. It is not recommended that lifters cut weight for a mock meet.)
- Participants should be at Forge no later than 10:30 a.m. to ensure weigh in and preparation for the meet is completed in timely manner. (We will need rack heights and opening attempts given to the scoring table.)
- Participants will need to fill out an entry form requiring them to select their gender, weight class, federation (USPA or USAPL), class (raw, knee wraps, equipped), and events (full power, push/pull, bench only, deadlift only)
- Participants will be expected to lift to the standards of their selected federation. Those who choose USPA will be able to compete in either knee sleeves (raw) or knee wraps for squats, with the option to lift fully equipped. Those who choose USAPL will be able to compete in knee sleeves for squats (raw), or equipped.
- Participants will be grouped into their flights based on gender and federation. This will allow for all lifters to use the specific equipment they would normally use in their federation.
- USPA lifters will use a Texas Squat Bar for the squat, an Ohio Power Bar for bench press, and a Texas Deadlift Bar for the deadlift
- USAPL lifters will use an Ohio Power Bar for all three lifts.
- Rogue calibrated competition plates will be used for all lifts. All attempts will be given in kilograms.
- All attempts will be given in 2.5kg increments. A conversion chart will be posted on the scoring table for lifters reference.
- Order of events will be: squat, followed by bench press, followed by deadlift. All lifters will complete the squat before moving onto the bench press, then all will complete the bench press before moving onto the deadlift.
- Best lifter will be decided using the Wilks formula.
Order of Events
|USAPL women||USAPL women||USAPL women|
|USAPL men||USAPL men||USAPL men|
|USPA women||USPA women||USPA women|
|USPA men||USPA men||USPA men|
More information regarding movement standards and rules of performance will be sent out at a later date.
What People Are Saying
This is hands down the best power gym in the Wichita area!